CHARLESTON AREA CVB
CHARLESTON AREA CVB & BELK
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Charleston Area CVB program in Spring 2013 was an integrated partnership promoting a family themed message through Parents, Belk Department Stores, television segments and Facebook.
The program included a custom designed four-page insert that ran in Parents April 2013 issue. The insert promoted Charleston, the KidFest event held at Belk Department stores on March 16, 2013 and Charleston Area CVB sponsored sweepstakes that lived on Facebook, with an opportunity to enter in-store at Belk’s KidFest event.
Belk Department Stores promoted their annual KidFest event and the Charleston Area CVB through Belk.com, eNewsletters to opt-in Belk consumers, snail-mail flyers and catalogs and Facebook posts. Charleston Area CVB was also promoted in-store during the event through signage and giveaways provided by Charleston Area CVB.
HOW DID WE DO THIS AND WHAT WERE THE RESULTS?
- Four-page insert in Parents’ April 2013 issue went to subscribers in SC, GA, NC and Jacksonville, FL with a readership of over 1.2 million readers.
- Belk held their annual KidFest event at all 326 stores.
- Charleston Area CVB also provided signage and giveaways.
- Belk printed more than 9.3 million catalogs and mailers to promote the KidFest event and the Charleston Area CVB’s sweepstakes.
- The 2-minute television segment, including the Belk KidFest CTA ending, ran a total of 60 times, 30 times on WXIA-Atlanta and 30 times on WCNC-Charlotte.
- 2 eNewsletters were deployed to a combined 1.1 million+ Belk opt-in customers
- The KidFest event was shared before and after the event on Belk’s Facebook page to their 80,000+ friends.
- The event resulted in over 2,245* entries to The Charleston Family Fun Getaway Sweepstakes.